1. Evaluating Complementary Therapies for Canine Osteoarthritis Part I: Green-lipped Mussel (Perna canaliculus)“, Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine Journal.
2. Systematic review of clinical trials of treatments for osteoarthritis in dogs, Journal of the American Veterinary Association.Improvement of Arthritic Signs in Dogs Fed Green-Lipped Mussel (Perna canaliculus), Journal of Nutrition.
3. Janet L. Funk, Janic N. Oyarzo, Jennifer B. Frye. Turmeric Extracts Containing Curcuminoids Prevent Experimental Rehuematoid Arthritis. Arizona Center for Phytomedicine Research, University of Arizona, University of Kansas
4. Neil K, Caron J, Orth M. The role of glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate in treatment for and prevention of osteoarthritis in animals. JAM Vet Med Assoc 2005; 226: 1079-1088.
5. Kim L, Axelrod L, Howard P, Buratovich N, Waters R. Efficacy of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) in osteoarthritis pain of the knee: a pilot clinical trial. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 2006; 14: 286-294
6. Teare JA, Krook L, Kallfelz FA, Hintz HF. Ascorbic acid deficiency and hypertrophic osteodystrophy in the dog: a rebuttal. Cornell Vet. 1979 Oct;69(4):384–401.
7. Graine McCarthy, James O’Donovan, Boyd Jones, Hester McAllister, Michael Seed. Randomised double-blind, positive-controlled trial to assess the efficacy of glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate for the treatment of dogs with osteoarthritis. The Veterinary Journal. Volume 174. Issue 1. July 2007.
8. Tiffany Linn Bierer, Linh M. Bui. Improvement of Arthritic Signs in Dogs Fed Green-Lipped Mussel (Perna Canaliculus). The Journal of Nutrition, Volume 132, Issue 5, June 2002, Pages 1634S-1636S. June 2002
9. Tiffany L. Bierer, Linh M. Bui. Influence of Green Lipped Mussels in Alleviating Sign of Arthritis in Dogs. Veterinary Therapeutics. Volume 2. Spring 2001
10. B. Pollard, WG Guilford, KL Ankenbauer-Perkins, D Hedderley. Clinical efficacy and tolerance of an extract of green-lipped mussel in dogs presumptively diagnosed with degenerative joint disease. New Zealand Veterinary Journal. Volume 54, Issue 3. 2006.