Have you heard about hemp and its many benefits? It’s an ingredient that’s awfully hard to ignore since it seems to crop up in almost every recipe -- from food and treats to skincare and supplements and everything in between. Does hemp really live up to the hype? In this post, we’re discussing hemp and how it can help your feline friend, so keep reading if you’ve been considering adding hemp to your cat’s diet.
Is Hemp Safe For Cats?
Hemp can come in many different formats and can be added to your cat’s diet in a variety of ways. But the good news is, it’s generally considered safe for your feline friend and most cats will not only tolerate the ingredient well but will experience some impressive benefits to boot.
You should always check with your Vet before adding a new ingredient to your cat’s diet. But once you get the go-ahead, rest assured that hemp is safe for cats to consume. Choose a pet-safe formula that includes clear dosing directions and confirm with a professional that the recommended feeding guidelines are appropriate for your feline friend. All cats have unique health needs and your Vet is the best resource to let you know how much hemp is safe for your cat.
How To Choose A Hemp Supplement For Your Pet
There are some key things to look for when you’re adding hemp to your kitty’s diet. Choose products from a company you can trust that provides transparency into their entire process, from start to finish.
Make sure you have access to sourcing and processing information and that the manufacturer has quality checks in place to ensure their supplements are completely safe for your pet. When it comes to hemp, in particular, it’s important that products are tested for efficacy, potency, and THC content if it’s a CBD supplement. Only add a supplement to your cat’s diet if it has been tested by a trusted third party and the certificate of analysis is available to view.
How Can Hemp Benefit Your Feline Friend?
If you’re still wondering why there's so much hype about hemp, it’s because there are some impressive compounds present in the plant that can help your cat in a variety of ways. Here are just some of the reasons you should consider adding hemp to your feline’s diet:
- Hemp Is Naturally Mood-Soothing: Is your feline friend a scaredy-cat? If so, try adding hemp to her diet. It’s rich in Omega Fatty Acids that help with mood balance. But, that’s not all. Hemp has also been shown to help with depressed feelings and occasional anxiousness, definitely two things your stressed cat could benefit from!
- Hemp Helps Your Cat Have A Healthy Appetite: There’s no arguing that cats can be picky eaters. But, it can be dangerous if your finicky feline decides she doesn't like her diet because cats need to consume food every day or they’re at risk of developing potentially life-threatening liver disease. Support your cat and help her have a healthy appetite with the help of hemp.
- Hemp Has Been Shown To Help Prevent Seizures: If this is something your cat experiences, try adding hemp to her diet! Studies show that adding hemp CBD for cats to your feline’s diet can help decrease the severity of seizures and the frequency that they occur.
- Hemp Supports Healthy Skin: Does your kitty have itchy skin or a sparse coat? Pack her food bowl with hemp supplements to help! Hemp is full of Omega Fatty Acids that support overall skin health and help keep her skin barrier strong to prevent future skin problems from becoming a health issue.
- Hemp Promotes Healthy Joints And Mobility: If you’ve noticed your cat is uncomfortable and isn’t as mobile as she once was, add some hemp to her food dish. It helps support your cat’s connective tissues for healthy mobility and joints. Plus, it’s been shown to help your feline have a healthy inflammatory response, which is key when it comes to preventing age-related joint issues from developing.
Impressed yet? These are just a handful of the benefits you can expect your cat to experience when you try adding hemp to her diet. There are countless other ways hemp can support your furry family member, which is why it’s an ingredient that continues to crop up just about everywhere!
Pet Honesty Products That Contain Hemp For Cats
Ready to add hemp to your cat’s diet? Try adding a pump or two of Salmon Oil with Hemp to your cat’s next meal. Mix it with the food she’s already eating and she’ll benefit from the added nutrients without even noticing that you’re supplementing her diet. Or, pick up our Hemp Joint Support + Digestion Cat Pack. It’s formulated to support your feline friend with healthy mobility, comfortable joints, and digestive wellness thanks to this duo which includes a joint support formula that's made with hemp.